Update of blastmc

From: Maurik Holtrop (pbsmail@improv.unh.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 18:44:22 EDT

Dear Blasters,

I made a somewhat significant update of the blastmc code. Please update
your code from CVS with: "cvs update -A".

The following changes were made:

Makefile:

The makefile was renamed Makefile, and now produces 2 versions of the MC
code: "blast" and "blastso". The "blast" version is the same as you are
used to. The "blastso" version will look for libuserGen.so in your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. This allows for batch processing with different event
generators, when LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set either to include different
directories with different copies of libuserGen.so, or set to use the
current local directory. Also, this means that it is no longer needed to
have a ../run, since "blastso" will find what it needs independent of
the directory it is started from.

The new makefile will also compile with "-Wall", which means that it
will complain when bad code practices (implicit variables, unused
variables, uninitialized variables) are used. I fixed all the code which
generated such warnings except the FFKEY calls (those can not be fixed,
since the error in in the implementation of FFKEY in libpacklib.a)

The code will now also compile (and run!) optimized "-O".

The code can now be checked with "-fbounds-check" by editing a line in
the Makefile. This is very useful for error checking.

Regards,

Maurik