Getting started with monte carlo and reconstruction

From: Timothy Smith (tim_smith@MIT.EDU)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 20:16:37 EDT

Hello Zilu, etc.,

        If you would like to get started using the BLAST
Monet Carlo and Reconstruction code, there is a new
web page on this topic at,

http://blast.lns.mit.edu/software/gettingStarted/

        Please read this page before Wednesday, and the links
which it points to. It will save a great deal of time in
a meeting. (if things are answered on this page - I do not
want to spend time re-reading this document).

        I hope you find it useful.
                                        Tim

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Zilu Zhou wrote:

> Tong,
>
> it is a good idea. let us do it on wedensday morning after
> the weekly meeting if nobody else objects.
>
> there will be a conflit with the recoil detector meeting
> after the regular weekly meeting. however, most of us (except
> myself, i guess) for the moment have not yet interests in
> the recoil. so, i propose we go ahead with the our meeting
> at the same time. in principle, we do not have much
> in the agenda. all we need, as Tim suggested:
>
> 1, to get both Chi and Yuan blast computer acounts ahead of
> time.
> 2, then somebody either Tong or Tim or maybe Aaron/Adam to
> demonstrate how to run blast geant/trackig codes.
> 3, then Chi and Yuan (including Simon) has access to these codes.
> 4, questions and answers. (including newest geant documentation)
> 5, Chi and Yuan could do something on protons in a few weeks
> like what Aaron/Adam did for electrons.
>
> if no further objection with wedensday, then i will see you
> all there at Bates.
>
> Zilu
> ps: i might want to in with the recoil discussion for their
> first 15 minutes, although i already discussed with Tancredi
> on my preference of recoil detectors for the commissioning
> experiment.
>

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Tong-Uk Lee wrote:
>
> > Sounds good to me.
> > However, Tim Smith might want to join the meeting.
> > If you move the meeting on Wednesday after the weekly
> > meeting, he could probably join us. Tracking of none
> > electron is related to Tim's part of tracking code.
> >
> > -T

 Timothy Paul Smith                               Research Scientist
 MIT Bates Lab                                     tim_smith@mit.edu
 21 Manning Rd.                                 tel:  (617) 253-9207
 Middleton, MA 01949                            fax:  (617) 253-9599