a possible conflict in "blast.geom" and TBLGeometry.cc

From: Aaron Joseph Maschinot (ajmasch@MIT.EDU)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 18:17:07 EDT

Hello, all:

I just got the most recent update of the files in the CVS repository. It
appears that there is now a conflict between blast.geom and the class
TBLGeometry. Comparing the file "blast.geom" (which TBLGeometry calls)
with a slightly older version of the file, I noticed that new volume
information has been added pertaining to "Cerenkov-AlIn",
"Cerenkov-AlOut", "TOF-Lead", and "TOF-Backbone".

I was wondering if whomever added this volume information also updated the
class TBLGeometry? I think it might be wise practice to leave the file
"blast.geom" alone and instead add new volume parameters directly into the
xx_geom.c file. I don't fully understand the class TBLGeometry, but since
it reads in the file "blast.geom", I imagine the class has to be updated
whenever "blast.geom" changes.

Or maybe I'm totally wrong.

At any rate, as it currently stands, I can't get the newest version of
"blast.geom" to work in TBLGeometry. However, if I use the older
version of "blast.geom", then my reconstruction won't take into account
these new volumes already added to GEANT. Any suggestions?

Aaron