Changes to overall configure system, moved Moller

From: Simon Sirca (sirca@crex.mit.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 13:32:23 EST

Hi, everybody,

I have made miscellaneous work on the ``configure'' machinery for
the BLAST software distribution. The subdirectories now included are

BlastLib
userGen/userMoller
userGen/userMott
userGen/DGen
blastmc

The way to use it (since I still consider it beneficial) is to download
the distribution to /home/mydir/blast, then e.g.

mkdir /home/mydir/build; cd /home/mydir/build
../blast/configure --prefix=/home/mydir/build --enable-moller
make

(say --enable-moller for Moller, --enable-mott for Mott, etc.).
This required several changes. I do not see a reason why Moller
stuff should be contained in the blastmc directory, so I moved it
to userGen/userMoller and make it there, where all other user
generators are also made. For this reason, I commented out the
mollerInter stuff from blast_proc.f since otherwise linking of blastmc
will fail. Note that now even Moller is called with KINE 10, not 20,
but if Adrian insists on his scheme, I give up. I thought this
was more symmetric. In this way each user-supplied event generator
sits and gets compiled in its own location and once when it is
--enabled and compiled, blast is linked to the individual libuserGen.so.
If one wants to maintain several blast's, one can always do something like

../blast/configure --prefix=/home/mydir/build --enable-moller
make
mv blastmc/blast blastmc/blast-mott

../blast/configure --prefix=/home/mydir/build --enable-mott
make
mv blastmc/blast blastmc/blast-mott

Furthermore, since nobody complained, I added a call to userGenTerm
at the very end of blastmc/blast_end.f. This is a function users
should supply in their event generators if they wanted some additional
work to be done after the event loop. If you can not think of
anything, just declare and define an

extern "C" { void usergenterm_(); }

somewhere.

I hope these changes do not interfere with those who prefer to use
ordinary Makefiles. Please let me know if something fails to compile
or run. Best regards,

Simon

--
  Simon Sirca
  MIT-LNS, Room 26-402                 Tel: +1 617 258-5438