Re: wc_digi.f problem

From: Timothy Smith (tim_smith@mit.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 15:42:13 EST

Hello Jason,

        I checked in the fix to wc_digi.f, about the reconstruction
failure - I'll try to reproduce.

                                        Tim

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Charles Jason Seely wrote:

> hi everyone,
>
> aaron just told me about the problem with wc_digi.f today (the line where
> it sets the wire chamber resolution was wrong). i put in the fix, and
> generated and reconstructed some events (with the resolution on the wire
> chambers set to 20.0), and the results were pretty bad. for example, with
> perfect resolution, i ended up with about 6500 reconstructed events out of
> 10,000 events generated; but when the resolutions are set to 20.0, i end
> up with about 1000 out of the 10000, and the p,theta, and z
> reconstructions are pretty bad (negative momenta, huge momenta,
> events with |Z0| >50, etc.).
> anyway, i was just wondering if anyone else has seen similar problems
> with their reconstruction, and if they've found a way around it. my
> reconstruction code is very simple (j.C is attached, along with my fort
> file); i
> just use tims best fit, for events with only one link (which is probably
> why i lose a lot of events, but it doesn't explain why the fits are so
> bad).
>
> thanks,
>
> jason

> jason seely
> 26.650b
> massachusetts institute of technology
> 77 massachusetts avenue
> cambridge, ma 02139-4307
>
> email: seely@mit.edu
> phone: 617.253.4772/6734
> html: web.mit.edu/seely/www

 Timothy Paul Smith                               Research Scientist
 MIT Bates Lab                                     tim_smith@mit.edu
 21 Manning Rd.                                 tel:  (617) 253-9207
 Middleton, MA 01949                            fax:  (617) 253-9599