Re: BLAST CVS COMMIT

From: Simon Sirca (sirca@crex.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 18:02:19 EST

Hi Maurik,

I did the most recent Moller relocation after a discussion with Adrian,
and he was perfectly content. I would not have done it if this agreement
were not reached. Now you raise the point of keeping Moller as a standard
(but enabled or disabled by a run-time option) part of blastmc, which is
quite fine with me. But I do not see a reason why in this case Moller
should have the "look and feel" of a real event generator, and hence
should not be implemented as such. I think what Adrian had in mind
was to study Mollers separated from anything else, e.g. to study issues
with the recoil detectors. If there is consensus that Moller should be
available for any one generator as an addition, please go ahead and add
it appropriately.

> Your last change seems to have broken the code, since now there is no
> `usergenterm_'.

It shouldn't. I tested it on Moller itself and DGen, and there were no
problems. Maybe you need to clean up and remake.

> On a separate note, I would like to check in a change to the
> blastmc/Makefile.in, configure.in and Makefile.inc.in files to allow
> extra libraries for CERNLIBS. This because CERNLIB 2001 needs -llapack
> and -lblas in addition to the other libs.

You are very welcome to do that. Please commit also the configure script
itself since people usually forget the "autoconf" itself.

Simon

--
  Simon Sirca
  MIT-LNS, Room 26-402                 Tel: +1 617 258-5438