moller generator

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 23:01:40 EST

Hi, everybody!

I just checked in the newest version of the Moller generator - it includes
Hauke's fix (the distribution in the CM is symmetrical now for the Moller
and the recoil electron) - thanks for correcting my error, Hauke!

The generator still does not include the cross section - we left it like
this on purpose, so that people can study the whole range of theta angles
- otherwise the cross section blows up for angles close to 0 and 90
degrees in the Lab frame - that means waste of CPU time, if it works at
all...

In the analysis I was doing a while ago for the rate of Moller electrons
in the recoil detectors I was imposing the cross section in the analysis
ROOT macro:

/home/blast/adrian/recon/moller_study.C

This macro is not under CVS (it was written just for the recoil detectors
study, so it is not of general interest).
I only mention it here because people might want to take a look...

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant
email: asindile@alberti.unh.edu