Call for Epics Channels

From: Adam Jon DeGrush (degrush@MIT.EDU)
Date: Tue Mar 19 2002 - 14:43:22 EST

Hello,

I would like to test how well my epics server handles the monitoring of
many channels (as close as possible to the number BLAST will have). For
those of you who have Epics Channels that can be "seen" by blast05, I need
your help. If you could generate a file with those channel names that you
are currently using and add it into the CVS directory BLAST/control/epics/
, I would greatly appreciate it.

Please follow the file format presented in
http://blast.lns.mit.edu/software/data/raw.html#epics
i.e.
Channel Name | ID# | Data Format("F" or "I") | Group Name

Since I will assign the id numbers, the numbers in your file will be
changed.

As an example the Wire Chamber file (WC.map) would look like:

WC:Press1.VAL 1 F Wire Chamber
WC:ValveStatus.VAL 2 I Wire Chamber
.
.
.

Your ioc's do not have to be running continuously, and of course I will
only be monitoring channels, not putting values to them.

Thanks,
Adam