More information about using the spud systems.

From: Maurik Holtrop (maurik.holtrop@unh.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 14:55:20 EDT

Dear Blasters,

Some more information on using the new SPUDs aka The BLAST Farm:

When you log in, you should get your normal home directory in
/home/blast.

If you need extra storage space, you can create a directory on any of
the spuds in the "scratch" area (less permanent) or "Analysis" area:
mkdir /net/data/3/scratch/maurik
Would make a scratch space for me on spud3.

mkdir /net/data/5/Analysis/maurik
Would make an analysis space for me on spud5

If you want to submit a lot of programs (like simulations) the easy way
(and organized way) to do this is by using PBS (Portable Batch System).
Look at "man qsub" for more info.

If you have questions on how to use the spuds, don't hesitate to email
me at: maurik.holtrop@unh.edu

Cheers,

        Maurik