scripts! Template_deluxe.C and ep_mcil.C

From: Kevin McIlhany (mcilhany@usna.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 21 2002 - 20:38:35 EDT

Statististics got down? Looking for events? Call our
private and secure 1-900-number now and you could be working with a script that will satisify
ALL your needs!

Located in:
/home/blast/blast/commis/phase1
is the file:
template_deluxe.C

which is an empty analysis shell. It takes the following arguements:
root template_deluxe.C 400
root template_deluxe.C 400 -
root template_deluxe.C 400 - 700
root template_deluxe.C 400 404 405 408 500
root -l template_deluxe.C 400
root -l template_deluxe.C 400 -
root -l template_deluxe.C 400 - 700
root -l template_deluxe.C 400 404 405 408 500

This script has three locations where the user can add
their analyses; at the beginning (for initialization of histograms/ntuples), in the middle of
the event loop (for analyzing events), and at the end of the code (for writing your
histogram/ntuple out to a file).

If you are looking for H(e,e'p) events with LARGE statistics, I would take a look at the
ep_mcil.C script.

Located in:
/home/blast/blast/commis/phase1/ANALYSES/ARCHIVE
you can find the file:
ep_mcil.C

which has the same syntax as template_deluxe.C

root ep_2pass.C 400 - 728

the analysis of 328 runs I did on spud5 took 13 hours and the output file is located here:
/home/blast/blast/commis/phase1/RESULTS/ep_2pass_400-728.root

Please modify this code to suit your needs.
The only cut made on this analysis was for one track to be in one sector and the other track to
be in the opposite sector. A further cut was placed so that only the eP pair of paddles could
fire. Due to Genya's paranoia about wiring, I extended the cut by one paddle on each side of
the band of allowable paddles.
By looking at the following (blow up the middle region)
root> ep->Draw("(tofttop1-toftbot1)/2:(tofttop2-toftbot2)/2")
one can very clearly see multiple bands of eP correlated events. The choice of variables is
made so that the "y" position in one sector is shown against the "y" position in the other
sector. FOr a true eP pair, they should be co-planar, which means a line with a negative slope.
One last note about this analysis. I added the run number and the time as variables so that one
can track TDC or ADC shifts versus run. There are a few of these shifts, which means we need to
be careful with our analysis.
root> ep->Draw("tofttop1:run")
then try:
root> ep->Draw("tofttop1:run","1==1","profile")

One last useful script:
Located in:
/home/blast/blast/commis/phase1/ANALYSES/ARCHIVE
is:
plot_at.C

which plots TDCs and ADCs for all channels and makes a file storing the histograms.

Bon a'petite!

-Kevin