[BLASTTALK] Timing of retimer

From: Genya (evgeni@mit.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 17:18:51 EDT

   I took a quick look at runs 1126-1127. Those
are the runs where all paddles were in the trigger.
   In particular, I analyzed if the signals from
differnt paddles come into retimer at the same time.
   As it turning out, they are not. For "ee" events
(most likely, showers), the timing for different
paddles differs by as much as 10 ns, far cry from
the claimed 1 ns.
   Moreover, for (ep) events, for some paddles pairs
(R3-L13, for instance) retiming doesn't work, since
retiming signal comes too early.
   I believe that the delays for paddles need to be
adjusted, and the delay in retimer might need to be
increased. We don't have much room though, even now some
TDCs read at about channel 500, which means we have only
25 ns between start and stop.
         Genya