[BLAST_SHIFTS] Summary C shift 8/17

From: Chris Crawford (chris2@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 09:42:21 EDT

better late than never ...

Saturday 16:00-24:00

* we took an hour of data with in 'no strobe' mode, 'ts2_pri_ns.crl'
* then we tried a new elastic trigger, 'elastic_tof10-15.settings'
  with all 0's replaced by x's in the mlu TOF bits (to allow more
  than one TOF being hit, back to 'common strobe' mode
  - there were some problems with beam quality, and so they adjusted
    some of the quad settings, and opened the slits a little
  - after that, the beam had a very nice lifetime (10 min)
    and the current was very smooth as a function of time
* we finished by taking an hour of data with no B-field
  - coda was stalling frequently even at data rates < 300kB/s

--Genya, Doug, Chris