monte carlo details

From: Jason Seely (seely@MIT.EDU)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 15:37:16 EDT

hi everyone,

i just wanted to give you some details about the monte carlo that i used
to generate the data that we've been using to compare to real data. the
data is in commis/phase1/event.coda, and you can find the fort file that
i used to generate the events in blast/seely/blast/run/fort.50_8_30_2.
i also copied the relevant geometry files in seely/blast/Blast_Params/
to *.geom_bak, so if you'd like to see them you can. but it's basically
just all the new stuff that aaron checked in recently. you can look in
the files to find the details, but the important features are listed
here:

the mc i used was updated from cvs as of friday afternoon (8.30.2). it
includes the wire chamber windows, extended target and a triangular
target density distribution. i used the polarized ep generator with
both the beam and target polarization set to zero, and the beam energy
was 850 MeV. energy loss and multiple scattering were turned ON.

i am probably going to regenerate a bunch more events soon, so if there
are any special requests for something new, let me know.

thanks,

jason