Re: monte carlo details

From: Aaron Joseph Maschinot (ajmasch@MIT.EDU)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 15:28:25 EDT

Hello, Adrian and anyone else interested in the Monte Carlo:

About a month ago, I checked in a fort file (called fort.99) to the
Blast_Params directory in CVS. In this file, you will find a
thoroughly-detailed exaplanation of EVERY fort file command valid for our
Monte Carlo. It also explains in detail all of the options for all of the
commands (the file is roughly 900 lines long). I think that, if you look
at the file, all fort file questions will be answered -- including the
vertex questions you have been asking. (The triangularly-distributed
vertex is the default vertex distribution style but ONLY under the NEW
Monte Carlo files (I also checked in a bunch of "corrections" to
blast_init.f and blast_proc.f); the old "default" (which you are probably
using), assuming you didn't specify a vertex distribution style, was the
point origin.).

Aaron