Re: [BLAST_TOF] errata

From: Peter Karpius (karpiusp@einstein.unh.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 21:40:29 EDT

I talked to Jim Kelsey several months ago about gluing joints in place in
case this thing ever happened. He did not think it was possible with our
gluing procedure. Essentially I think, either that TOF get's left out of
commissioning, or we remove the group of 4 TOF's and the Cerenkov box
risking damage to all to fix it..or we come up with a new way
to glue it. The problem is that the access is highly restrictive.
If we glued it now, we would be guessing if we had a good optical or
structural joint.Perhaps we should speak with Kelsey again about this.

Also, I just realized that I swapped the cables on the two intact
forward small paddles when I tested them. I put a voltage that was too
low on the one I thought was not working. During my last run I brought it
to the D-tunnel, put the proper voltage on it and it works. I just had an
access and installed it to LTOF1.

                                Pete