Re: [BLAST_TOF] end of night shift

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 11:13:44 EDT

        Adrian, ChrisC and I were taking runs to investigate why the bottom TOF
tubes don't show in the TDC (need more delay in the tube signals, OR
remove delay from the TDC start; I inadvertently added too much delay
yesterday when I made sure the CS was after the PT).

        I noticed that End would fail on blastROCr. Monitoring blastROCr from
its serial port showed that the ROC had indeed Ended, but somehow the
message doesn't get back to RunControl. Reset, Download, Prestart, Go.
Notice on the EB screen there's a message about a bad event type from
roc 30 (which is blastROCr); EB will build no more events until it
receives a control event. And indeed EB is discarding data, even though
both ROCs have their lights flashing, taking data.

        Checked seating of control cables between TS and ROCs, seemed ok. Ran
setup again to get a fresh EB,ER,ET. Took one run, no problems. End
worked fine. Hoping the problem doesn't reappear...

                                        Karen Dow