[BLAST_TOF] gain matching

From: John Calarco (jrc@einstein.unh.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 19:49:11 EDT

On this gain matching issue, could it be the magnetic field? Adrian
matches gains with field off using cosmics. Then we turn on the field
and take data. If there is a disparity, the obvious thing to check is
whether there has been a gain shift between field off and field on.
I suggest looking at the output of the PMTs at the input to the
splitters with the flasher on. If there is a shift due to the field
it should be pretty obvious there, just using the scope. You can be
in the D-tunnel and ask CCR to run field up and down as you watch
what happens.

--
John R. Calarco
Dept. of Physics