[BLAST_SHIFTS] 11/02/02, day shift

From: Benjamin Clasie (clasie@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 16:16:42 EST

We continued taking data using the eep trigger from last night. The event
rates were ~350Hz at 85mA, and the runs were:

Run# #events
2445 274k
2446 301k
2447 284k
2449 345k
2450 335k

(trigger = 'elastic_tof10-15.settings')
Tavi made an access at 14:10 to work on the CC gain matching in the
D-tunnel. Jason worked on the analysis of the TOF L/R asymmetry using
show_protons.C. Tried using some of the generic cuts ('padc_cc' and
'cc_only') and indeed, as Tancredi mentioned, these introduce
asymmetries. The file 'show_protons.out' now also outputs the
asymmetries for the different paddle combinations. The convention is that
the proton paddle is vertical, and the asymmetry is defined as
A = (Np_left - Np_right)/(Np_left + Np_right). This may make it a bit
easier to compare cuts, etc. For some reason, I couldn't get the
individual cuts ('prot[0][15]' for example) working when i would include
it as a cut argument to show_protons.C. i.e.

root -l show_protons.C -c prot[0][15] 2450

it gives me 'no match', as in: 'Jason is no match for ROOT'.I'm sure I'm
just using TCut wrong. Anyway, the global cuts are not so good for
cutting out the electron/pion spike in the tdc diff spectra, so these
individual cuts would probably help a lot.

As of 4pm Tavi is still in the D-tunnel working on Cherenkovs.

Have fun,

JS BC