[BLAST_SHIFTS] Nov 7 - day shift

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 16:29:37 EST

- focus: neutron counters;
- no beam (Hall open) - used cosmics;

The NC voltages are finally in the MySQL database:
- NC_CC_TOF_1300.sql
- NC_CC_TOF_1300_10percent.sql (10% more for the CC, I guess)

Runs 2641, 2643, 2644, 2645, 2646, 2647, 2648, 2649, 2650, 2651 were taken
for gain-matching purposes.
The target channel was 2250 above pedestals.

There was no macro to look at the NC (Vitally added NC stuff to ntuple.C,
but there was no working macro to look at the "neut" ntuple that ntuple.C
created).
I took the liberty to add half a line to init.C and I wrote:
- show_adc_nc.C
- show_ped_nc.C
We have been using these macros to look at NC ADCs today (Chris D'Andrea
has been helping us around).

If anyone does not agree with my solution, please feel free to modify the
files as you see fit, I only wanted to have something working today (I
can split the ...commis.root file in two, one for "ntp", one for "neut"
for example). init.C needs to be modified for "neut" anyway... These are
details and if people have a specific policy, that is fine.

Next shift might want to take a look at the pedestals and start
fine-tuning the NC gains, before starting to look into timing the NCs with
the flasher.

John Calarco
Adrian Sindile

Adrian Sindile