Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] run plan change

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 10 2002 - 18:15:33 EST

Hi, John!
Please see my Saturday email (following) about the plan change. Basically,
since the NCs were causing problems (patch panel? See Tancredi's
report about previous problems with that) it was decided not to do more
about the NCs over the weekend, as the WC needed a working trigger.
Also, since last night's shift was wasted from the WC point of view
because the WC ran out of gas, today's shift was spent on WC, as specified
by Tancredi in the logbook.

In short, the NC status is, to the best of my knowledge, the following:
- on Thursday's day shift, I wrote a couple of macros needed to look at
the ntuples written by ntuple.C (modified one day before by Vitaly to
include NC info);
- same day, I crudely gain-matched the NCs (using cosmics, of course);
they need to be refined but should be in the ballpark.
- on Thursday evening, after speaking with you, Peter checked the timing
of the NCs with respect to the TOFs, with beam (I would have thought we
first needed to use the flasher, but Pete said this is what he was asked
to do);
- Friday Jason and I found the problem created by the NCs in the trigger;
- Saturday Chris and I found the problem created by the wrong trigger
settings for the previous two nights and at that time Tancredi decided to
focus on taking e-p data for Cerenkov studies (because we were running
out of time, probably).

Saturday email following: