Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] High voltage for Compton polarimeter

From: Bill Franklin (wafrankl@mit.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 12:04:51 EST

Yes, I should have been clearer. The polarimeter detectors aren't very
sensitive to injection flash, so we have set their STANDBY voltages to be
the same as their ON voltages. Therefore, from the standpoint of the
polarimeter, it doesn't matter when you toggle between STANDBY and ON.
The BLAST scintillators should not be ON during injection though.

Bill

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Adrian T Sindile wrote:

> Please leave the BLAST HVs on standby ONLY - leaving them ON would affect
> the BLAST PMTs during injection, leaving them OFF would mean the Compton
> Polarimeter is OFF (and Bill wants it ON)!
> Thanks!
>
> Adrian
>
> PS: So the BLAST hvDaemon should be on STANDBY all the time for the
> weekend (unless you coordinate with CCR)!
>
> -------------------------------
> Adrian Sindile
> Research Assistant
> Nuclear Physics Group
> University of New Hampshire
> phone: (603)862-1691
> FAX: (603)862-2998
> email: asindile@alberti.unh.edu
> http://einstein.unh.edu/~adrian/

Wilbur A. Franklin			*  Phone: 617-253-9518
Bates Linear Accelerator Center		*  FAX:	  617-253-9599
P.O. Box 846				*  Email: wafrankl@mit.edu
Middleton, MA 01949			*