[BLAST_SHIFTS] runplan 11/22-11/25

From: Tancredi Botto (tancredi@mitlns.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 15:27:35 EST

A more focussed run plan, please see also Bill F. email.

Until sunday morning compton will run up to 15 mA currents, with
empty target and field on. Compton determines injections and refills.
You should try to understand their system (as it will become your system)
and provide local help (e.g. to the michigan people, if they needed)

*) under this condition, until sunday, we can start gain matching the
neutron counters with cosmic. The beam background should not create a big
problem with our 1&8 coinc. And provides the "same data" as cosmics
To be more efficient, keep the tof/cc's always at standby and ramp up
only the beam right neutron counters. check HV connections. If you need
access you have to coordinate with compton. Keep wch off.

*) On sunday compton will check running conditions with gas on and high
current. At that time we should check rates. If needed, re-adjust the
slits. (I guess slits are out for compton, but you may negotiate putting
them in somewhat).

*) Starting on sunday till monday we should go back to elastic with
polarized beam. This time take data for a fixed spin injection angle from
the source/linac and the flipper alternatively reversing or not the spin.

Note, the flipper operation is still manual which means we have no way of
knowing if the spin flips during a fill. So the flipper should flip (or
not) only at the beginning of a fill, before we ramp up the hv.

Alternate such spin+, spin- runs. Take one run per fill.

Tancredi Botto, phone: +1-617-253-9204 mobile: +1-978-490-4124
research scientist MIT/Bates, 21 Manning Av Middleton MA, 01949