[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift A 25/11/202

From: Nikolas C Meitanis (nikolas@MIT.EDU)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 07:11:42 EST

The spin flippers gave up the beam around midnight so data taking resumed.
Since our shift was not cancelled, we did not have the opportunity to do
nothing:
1.Tuned the slits.
2.After a discussion with Bill Franklin, we decided to keep running the
spin flipper with the slits in place by triggering once a fill and also
running the polarimeter's data acquisition. Unfortunately triggering the
spin flipper seemed to kill the beam in a rush (from 60mA to 12mA in one
case, from 60mA to 22mA in the next). Since our attempt to get any sort
of statistics for the trigger used would thus be fruitless, we scrapped
the spin flipping extravaganza.
3.Accumulated data on only one of the three new triggers T mentioned to
us, namely any_twoR_coincs. Rates were very low, around 3-5Hz average over
a fill and it took the whole night to get enough statistics even for a
single trigger.
4.Tave worked on cerenkov efficiency analysis.
5.n fixed the software to be able to run Deuterium with the Unpolarized
system, whenever that may be. Effort needs to be coordinated with Chris
Vidal for the hardware. New instructions have been posted on the web under
the blast targets page. Still need to be checked by hardware experts. A
copy will then be printed in fulol bright color and left in the counting
bay.

The CCr folk will be opening the Hall around 0730.
tavi, n