[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift for 08/12/2002

From: Nikolas C Meitanis (nikolas@MIT.EDU)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 00:09:59 EST

ABS studies continued until 9pm. Read Hauke's email for the results of
that. We were then instructed to take 0.5sccm Unpol H2 data with Wch on,
field on, elastic_coincs trigger and also the compton.
We tried to keep the same run for CODA and for the compton DAQ.

As suggested we ssh'd blast03 from dblast07. Starting the DAQ for the
compton we realized that it took a horrendously long time to come up, in
the order of 5min plus. The whole process came complete with multiple
freeze-ups and crap-outs...We moved the process to blast03, locally, on
the other side of the counting bay...In order to keep CODA and DAQ numbers
the same, we had to stop the run every fill (30mA/8min). In case we didnt
stop the compton run and ramped down the voltages for another fill (to get
longer runs), the compton DAQ stopped getting triggers and refused to come
back until we rebooted the crate, which we did twice.

When we left, the proces seemed to be limping along...

CZ, n