Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] ABS status 2002-12-08

From: Hauke Kolster (hauke@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 23:28:23 EST

Hello everybody,
This night we tried to measure the pressure increase in the
target chamber casued by the ABS beam as a function of the
nozzle position. The top flange of the chmaber allowed for
some motion but not much. We did not see any signal in the
chamber although we were able to see the plasma in the nozzle
through the window below the target cell. We could clearly see
how the position of the nozzle changed from one position to the
other and we might get some information out of that.
Tomorow morning we plan to open the dissociator and take off
the nozzle and just leave the openeing of the 10mm glas tube
so we can see through and hopefully identify the collimator
and sixpole magnets in the chamber, their alignment to the cell,
and the position of the dissociator glas tube in respect to the
skimmer and collimator. This way we can also see if the nozzle
moves while it is being cooled.

Hauke

Hauke Kolster MIT * Bldg 26-551 * Cambridge, MA 02139
hauke@lns.mit.edu Tel (617) 253-2693 Fax (617) 253-9599