Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] dblast07->spuds?

From: Maurik Holtrop (maurik.holtrop@unh.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 10:03:44 EST

Here is an better follow up.

As Tancredi just pointed out, a big goof was made when Spud1 and Spud8
were physically swapped. The data was copied from from the old 1 to the
new 1, but we forgot to copied the /home also. As a result, the daqstore
account existed, but the .ssh directory did not, and the copy could not
proceed.

I just restored the daqstore account. It seems from the log files that
it creates that the copy process has started up again already, so pretty
soon all the data will be synchronized again.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. The good
news is that spud1 (and 2-7 also) has not crashed in 10 days, and spud8
was repaired yesterday and now has an uptime of 19 hours. I think we
will be in much better shape now.

Best,

        Maurik