[BLAST_SHIFTS] trigger module needs

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 13 2003 - 13:27:32 EST

        As many of you know, Miro Plesko is designing a VME module for LADS
that will (leading edge) discriminate up to 16 individual tubes, AND
pairs, and OR the result of the AND for up to 8 pairs. The module also
puts out logic pulses for individual tubes (for scalers, delayed for
TDCs) and logic pulses for the AND (for scalers).

        Ben Clasie has back angle scintillators that will need to get into the
trigger. We have no spare space in the existing trigger, and we can't
buy duplicate modules anymore. But we CAN use one of Miro's modules to
handle a sector's worth of Ben's detectors. The only remaining problem
will be getting the logic signal from Ben's OR into the sector MLU;
we'll need to remove some other detector from the MLU, or OR Ben's with
an existing detector.

        We'll be ordering the parts to make the LADS modules soon. Most of the
cost is in the first board, after that the cost is just parts. Does
anyone see a need for MORE of these modules, beyond the 8 we need for
LADS, 2 for Ben, and 2 spares? Do we expect to add more detectors
beyond Ben's? Please let me know by Monday, Jan 20.

        Thanks.

                                        Karen