Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] blast v2_14

From: Timothy Smith (tim_smith@mit.edu)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 12:53:33 EST

This looks good. Chris is right about the test suit.
Should anything be added to it? (if so - not too much).
Can we make the test into a script?

Tim

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Chris Crawford wrote:

> hi everyone,
>
> i just tagged the cvs repository as 'v2_14', and also with the tag
> 'new'. the previous version (v2_13) has been given the alias 'pro'. we
> we move on to new versions, i will update the new,pro tags to reflect
> the updates. a description of v2_14 can be found in
> BlastLib2/ChangeLog. to update to the latest version, you can do the
> command
>
> cvs up -d -r new
>
> or checkout from scratch (making the new directory 'blast') with
>
> cvs -d/home/blast/cvsroot co -d blast -r new
>
> note that if your checkout/update to a tagged version, you will not be
> able to check in your own changes; to do that, you have to be on the
> head of the branch. to do this, use the command
>
> cvs up -f -rv2
>
> the -f preserves files in your working copy which do not have a 'v2' tag.
>
> one last thing: i proprose a simple test suite to be run EVERY time
> before checking in new code into cvs:
>
> a) blastmc -b -f fort.99 -t 100
> b) nsed -m (look through a
> few events)
> c) nsed 3070
> d) setenv $ANALDIR ./ (preserve the full ntuple)
> e) root lrn.C 3070 -n 100
> f) root lr.C 3070
> root [0] Draw("ttl:ttr");
>
> if everyone does this, then there will be a lot less maintanence of
> cheked in code, and we will fell more comfortable using the latest code.
> (-rv2). let me know what you think.
>
> --chris

 Timothy Paul Smith                     Assistant Research Professor
 Dartmouth College                     timothy.p.smith@dartmouth.edu
 Department of Physics and Astronomy          -or- tim_smith@mit.edu
 6127 Wilder Lab.
 Hanover, New Hampshire 03755                   tel:  (603) 646-9346