Vote for -90 to 270 Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] branch line in azimuthal angle

From: zhangchi (zhangchi@general.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 21:27:44 EST

Hi,

Sorry I did not come to the meeting this morning. But I have voiced my
opinion yesterday when meeting with Tong, Wang and Chris that I am 100%
against using 0-360 degrees.

The -90 to 270 convention has been in use all the past years, and I think
it is the most natural way to present the geometry of Blast detector. By
using 0-360, we are cutting the left sectors into two halves which I think
is looking for trouble. The seeming beauty of the "standard" notation
really do not worth the trouble.

Another reason to use -90 to 270 is: when doing analysis, cut on sectors
will be simply phi<90. while using 0-360, it is a two way comparison.

Chi