[BLAST_TOF] list/plans

From: Tancredi Botto (tancredi@mitlns.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2003 - 16:41:50 EST

please read on, let's discuss on monday

tavi, you have all of the 50 + 50 cables for cerenkovs hanging in
front of racks 1,2. I suggest that you also move the lemo cables
more conveniently (those are cerenkov sum analog out, and cerenkov
top&bot coinc which provides a scaler less sensitive to tube noise)

On top of racks 3,4 there "coils" of the tof signal cables. All remaining
cables LG + tof spares (tof spares=last 7 of cc2 patch) are all together
and go all the way to the back of racks 3,4. If you look on top of 3,4
you'll see it's reasonably clean. Thinking of it we might have made a
mistake at the end and packed away L46, L47 to the back of the rack 4

I suggest that while on monday we make some progress for flasher
checks with the new laser fiber and gain matching (tofs) you go
ahead and rebuild the CC electronics w/ analog adders. Then you can
take more cosmic tests for different electronics / split panel fraction
as discussed.

This means that on monday -starting in the morning - you won't take
data w/ the paddle. I'm sure we'll find enough bnc-lemo monday. Let me
know if ok.

The general outlook for next week:

There'll be at least one more day of ABS field on: we also need to
do the tof field test.
At some point we'll have to balance daq use and setting up of the
blast online account (will cause interference and down times)

Things on my list (not everything involves all of you):

- check tof flasher attenuation new splitter fiber
- verify external flasher trigger, take timing info for tof pmts
- analyze tof efficiency/ fix
- clean up tof gain matching, check pmt timings
- when field on check tof mag shielding (new shields here on 4/16)
- operation of spill/moeller monitor
- operation target bits in adc / target inhibit
- **benchmarking trigger timing ** documentation
- ** labels ** (nice and visible!)
- recover cable natural numbering where possible/final cable maps
- channel by channel testing (everything connected right everywhere)
- CC efficiency studies (new splitter panel with more charge to trigger)
- CC gain matching
- at some point test flasher data blast open/closed (fiber bend angles..)
- check for light leaks (should be none triggering)
- check NC cosmic data (we do not need hooking up all NC fibers until
  NC in final position)
- flasher remote operation
- finish tidy up tof/cc cables on blast subframe (EE people but help
  welcome)

everybody have a nice weekend

Tancredi Botto, phone: +1-617-253-9204 mobile: +1-978-490-4124
research scientist MIT/Bates, 21 Manning Av Middleton MA, 01949