[BLAST_TOF] TOF gains

From: Adrian T Sindile (asindile@cisunix.unh.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 18:01:56 EDT

Hi!
The goal today was to check the TOF gains and adjust the voltages if
needed, then to take a new flasher run with the new voltages and compare
the timing with the one from the runs taken on Monday.

Unfortunately, I needed to spend some time troubleshooting, as CODA was
not getting any events... Tancredi helped me and we found that the
retiming OR was not properly connected.

I took runs 3682 (magnet was ON by that time) and 3683 (field OFF).
I compared runs 2999 (last gain-matching run from November) and 3683.
Plots are included (green is the target, red is the actual value).
Both TOFs and CCs were in the trigger.

We can see that the gains did not change almost at all. However, there are
a few channels that could be improved: LTOF 13, 14 bottom; RTOF 8, 10, 15
bottom. They are off target now, and they were off target in November, as
you can see from the plots (that was the best we could do at that time).
Plots are also in the "BLAST trigger and flasher logbook".

The macro I used for the plots was:

/home/blast/blast/commis/phase2/macros/raw_macros/raw_ped_gain.C

Tomorrow the few HV channels mentioned above should be adjusted, then a
quick flasher run should be taken to compare the timing.
In conclusion, the TOFs are as ready for beam as they were last fall,
with a few channels that will be improved by Friday.

Adrian

Adrian Sindile
Research Assistant
email: asindile@alberti.unh.edu