Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] submitted changes blastmc v3

From: Aaron Joseph Maschinot (ajmasch@MIT.EDU)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 12:25:22 EDT

if you are talking about having to reconfigure CVS due to new
contributions in the Monte Carlo, i went ahead and just added the "new"
Monte Carlo files to the blastmc Makefile.in.

to make the blastmc executable, you now just have to do what we have been
doing for the past three years: inside the blastmc directory, type "make
clean veryclean all". (of course, the "clean" and "veryclean" are
optional). no need to reconfigure.

in the future, for the Monte Carlo, first of all, NO new source code files
should be added; if you think you have some new novel idea that requires a
new file, come talk to me; i bet there is a better place to put that file.
this keeps the number of files down and keeps things understandable and
consolidated. however, if you still decide you need to check in a new
file (I repeat, ask me first, please), then make sure you update the
blastmc Makefile.in, too.

aaron