Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] blast analysis and software meeting

From: Adam DeGrush (degrush@mit.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 12:35:34 EDT

Hi,

To answer a possibly lingering question on how the hv setting will be/are currently
stored into MySQL, I will discuss the thoughts that Doug and I have reached after
the last group discussion on the topic. I think both of us feel that the high
voltage settings should only be stored in MySql and that one can generate regular
text files at will by writing a small script /or class. Each high voltage channel
will have a timestamp as one of its elements which will allow a query for all the
high voltages that were used at a certain date/time. The script that generates
regular text files of hv settings can also query by run number since there is a
timestamp associated with each run that can be then used . This may alleviate some
concerns about people's lack of knowledge about MySQL getting in the way of
progress, runs and hv settings getting out of sync etc. I also think that if one is
careful about writing to the database only those values that changes ,then this
will also be the most efficient and organized way to maintain the settings. People
can debate this further, but for right now this seems like the most sensible thing
to do.

Best Regards,
Adam