[BLAST_SHIFTS] Day Shift May 3, 2003

From: Peter Karpius (karpiusp@einstein.unh.edu)
Date: Sat May 03 2003 - 16:09:38 EDT

The development of the HV GUI took priority for much of this shift. Adam
worked with CCR regarding this. Meanwhile analysis was conducted (and is
still in progress) on the wire chamber data taken on the graveyard shift.
At first glance it seems that the response of the outer chambers is more
sensitive to the beam quality when comparing signal:noise to BQM rates.
I will leave the comments general for now as we are still looking at
things. At the end of shift Adam had finished his work and I asked
Larry to optimize the slits (and tune as req) again using the BQM as a
guide. It should be noted that the BQM rates held by CCR are not for
peak (~90mA) current but were obtained at about 50mA during slit
optimization over previous shifts. This is important as the normalized
BQM rates do not seem to be linear. I spoke with Larry about this so
that he did not push to obtain these rates right at injection. So
we still need to quantify this. Doug is planning on coming in to conduct
WC studies.

                                        PK,BT,TF

Pete Karpius
Graduate Research Assistant