Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] a few about the epics hv daemon

From: Adam DeGrush (degrush@mit.edu)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 20:45:46 EDT

Tancredi,

The capability for epics hv controlled beam gate on/off is there. Karen and I
tested last week. You have to take the NIM signal out of the level translator and
plug it into the same module that the beamgate signal goes into (I'm sure you know
the one I am talking about). It was not done so because any trip will, of course,
inhibit data and I wasn't sure before we had beam the frequency at which channels
would trip. I spoke to Doug and he said to wait until I was on shift (Friday
morning) to plug it in, but by all means, plug it in.

Adam

Unless the channels have changed the compton is on and the voltages are not set to
ramp down.