Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] C-shift 5/30

From: Bill Franklin (wafrankl@mit.edu)
Date: Sat May 31 2003 - 00:25:40 EDT

A few fills with the polarimeter showed that the beam is polarized in
65-70% range. The backscatter rate is a little low, but polarimeter data
should be taken throughout the weekend.

Bill

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Tong-Uk Lee wrote:

> Tong-Uk Lee wrote:
>
> > Waitied for the beam till 9:00.
> > The beam wasn't still good enough for the data taking but
> > Chi and Yuan got the beam they can use for the
> > "suppose-tobe-quick" ion-polarimeter measurement in D-tunnel.
> > They are out of D-tunnel at 10:20.
> >
> > Bill Franklin accessed at 10:30 for quick access to the south hall
> > for compton polarimeter.
>
> Around 11:00, we obtained the beam for taking data.
> In an hour of data taking, we had L1, R24 and L14 tripped and reset.
> them.
>

> > While waiting for the beam, I started testing Wang's change
> > in fast fit reconstruction. Compared to the old code, I find it
> > running 4 times faster. It also seems to find one of the best fast
> > tracks consistantly and passing it to Newt.
> > When I crunch data using this new changed code, I find empty
> > histograms. This might be due to wrong file authority set up.
> > /scratch/dblast07/blast/data has no read access for group and others.
> > Even though /scratch/dblast07/blast/data/pro2003/*.dat files have
> > read access for others and group, any user other than blast doesn't
> > seem to have read access to the data files.
> > As a user, blast, lrn.C seems running OK even though the variable,
> > scal_inhcharge was used prior to its declaration in the code. When
> > lrn.C was ran as other users, it complained. Some one needs to
> > investigate
> > this!
>
> Chi, Genya, Tong

Wilbur A. Franklin			*  Phone: 617-253-9518
Bates Linear Accelerator Center		*  FAX:	  617-253-9599
P.O. Box 846				*  Email: wafrankl@mit.edu
Middleton, MA 01949			*