[BLAST_SHIFTS] A shift 06/07/03

From: Nikolas Meitanis (nikolas@mit.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 07 2003 - 07:54:28 EDT

The beam worked withoud any problems.
Continued data taking. Hydrogen at 2-state flipping, Cell at around 90K.
The ABS Target screen for BLAST on dblast14 reads the wrong epics channel
for the cell temperature. According to the ABS display on dblast12 the
channel should be: ABS:TH:KRDG:5.VAL .

Took runs 709, 711, 712, 713, 714, 715, 716, 717, 718, 720
The lrn.C , flrn.C and charge.C worked. Crunched runs 705, 706, 707, 708,
709, 711, 712, 713, 714, 715, 716, 717, 718, 720. Didnt notice the problem
reported by the previous shift.
Compton polarimeter runs were matched to coda runs. The polarimeter runs
were paused during the injection to prevent the tripping the previous
shift mentioned.

No Blast power supply problems.

The L2 and R2 crates tripped twice each until 4:50am.
At around 4:50am the L2 crate tripped for the second time and would not
come back on when reset on the control screen. I had to reboot it in the
Dtunnel which solved the problem. I also had to reboot the epics crate
because the controls screen was stuck in a "Restoring in progress" mode
(instead of STBY or OPER).
R2 continued tripping but it was no match for L2 which tripped a whopping
12 times during the night. Reset on the control screen worked fine. It is
also pretty quick so down time is limited.

In the ten minutes after I wrote the last sentence, L2 crashed an
additional 4 times, so let me rephrase what I said: L2 crashed a lot, it
favors back to back trips and it disrupts data taking significantly, not
to say that it endangers the already stretched-to-the-edge sanity of the
shift crew with all sorts of ultra-annoying alarm messages.

Asymmetry plots of the 13 runs I crunched are shown in the attachment for
your browsing pleasure.