[BLAST_SHIFTS] 6-8-03 A Shift Report

From: Benjamin Clasie (clasie@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 09:25:42 EDT

We had good beam all night with currents up to 99mA, and the ABS spin was
flipped every 10 seconds. The nozzle and cell temperatures were stable
all night (70K and 96K). Ligit was constant at 1.25x 10^-7 Torr.

>From the previous shift (or earlier?) the HV GUI was left in the state of
injection permitted, which allows CCR to inject manually with the high
voltages on. The Injection (BLAST) override button should normally be
"off". Unfortunately we had two fills with the high voltages on, which
was after a few fills where the voltages were ramped. CCR had been
injecting automatically until this point. We turned the WC's off for
25min after the injection flash, and the signal to noise was the same in
runs before and after.

Tancredi asked for a summary of good runs over the past day, so including
this shift, we have the run numbers:
723-727, 730 (Sat B)
732-733 (Free of beam gate problem, Sat B)
734-735, 737-739, 741-744, 746-747, 751, 753-759, 761 (Sat C & Sun A)
We also have another 4 runs (Sun A) that caused segmentation faults in
lrn.C. The runs from 746 on were analyzed using "root charge.C -ltmax
0.995 -ltmin".

YX and BC.