Re: Compton tripped [BLAST_SHIFTS] 06/12/03 A-shift summary

From: Karen Dow (kdow@mit.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2003 - 11:56:06 EDT

        warnevent will tell you which type of event (physics, scaler, EPICS or
Compton) is missing, for each 10 second cycle.

        Bill Franklin tells me Compton ships data to ET about every 10
seconds. Since warnevent works on a 10 second interval, it's possible
that Compton information could be missing for a cycle, producing the
clapping. But Compton shouldn't be missing for EVERY cycle. And
Compton writes a message about an et failure on the blast03 screen when
there is truly a problem.

        Any time you restart ET you have to restart visual_scal, ca_server and
pol-control. Presumably this was done after run 834 when CODA was
restarted due to ER problems.

        I exited Compton and restarted pol-control after run 842 this morning.
Compton attached to ET successfully. Still do sometimes get clapping
from warnevent, but not every cycle. Maybe warnevent should be changed
to a 15 second cycle, to guarantee at least 1 Compton per cycle?

                                        Karen