[BLAST_SHIFTS] A shift, 06/21/03

From: Vitaliy Ziskin (vziskin@lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 21 2003 - 07:58:29 EDT

    Work on polarimeter continued. Finished the program for the warm
target. The results are plotted and included in this e-mail. I appologize
for the busy plot but I wanted to be comlete. I tried to do my best to
normalize the signal strength relative to the ligit pressure. But still some
correction probably needs to be made due to slowly varying ligit pressure.
However, even after normalization the signal from the unpol system is much
stronger than the signal from the ABS. Also, it looks like deuterium has a
larger atomic fraction than hydrogen.
    At 4:30 am ask for the beam, unpol target flow @ 0.05 sccm. Tune the
beam untill now and maybe a lot longer. The controls group turned the holding
field off in order to find the tune. We gave them a go ahead since we do not
have a polarized target. We are not sure however if it's a right desicion.
Meanwhile we had difficulty with the hvGui. It did not boot properly from
the data base (the voltages were set to all zeros). We went back to booting
from the file.

                am, vz

wfscan_21_06_2003.gif