Re: [BLASTTALK] Ion Pol. results

From: yxiao@mit.edu
Date: Sat Jun 21 2003 - 08:58:50 EDT

Hi, Adam,

> To make them even more permanent, Yuan knows where the simple text file
> that records them is.

I did make the change to the file

/home/epics1/EpicsDev/BLASThvApp/src/IonPol.map

The problem is that, since we changed the 8th(starting from 0) channel from
S12.8 to S13.2 yesterday morning, right now when I try to change the DV's of
them by the medm file

/home/blast/degrush/MEDMdev/IonPolCopntrol.adl

the display info showed me that both S12.8 and S13.2 were manipulated by medm,
so there was a mess -- say, when I tried to change the DV of Channel 8, instead
of channel 8, another channel, maybe 9, i'm not sure now, was effected.
Can u figure out what was happening?

BTW, Bill Franklin is a little worried about the accuracy of the DV's for all
the channles (CC, WC, etc., oper or stby states) read from HVGUI. If there is
a backup text file or some backup info in the logbog we can use to check these
setting?

Thanks!

Yuan