Re: [BLASTTALK] Ion Pol. results

From: Adam DeGrush (degrush@mit.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 21 2003 - 10:15:39 EDT

If, Genya, you are talking about problems with the database in general as Vitaliy
reported in his shift summary, and not just the ion polarimeter, I traced the problem
to a lack of the correct permissions for the HVGUI user as needed to query correctly.
Maybe Adrian can address this.

Basically HVGUI does not have select privileges to all the tables needed by the
following queries:

select * from READOUT_CARD NATURAL JOIN WC_HV where HvCrateNbr=3
select * from SC NATURAL JOIN SC_PMT NATURAL JOIN SC_HV where HvCrateNbr = 1
select * from CC NATURAL JOIN CC_PMT NATURAL JOIN CC_HV where HvCrateNbr=4
select * from NC NATURAL JOIN NC_PMT NATURAL JOIN NC_HV where HvCrateNbr=1
etc.

I get errors when done from the mysql gui like

ERROR 1142: select command denied to user: 'HVGUI@dblast07.bates.daq' for table 'SC'

It appears to fail at all those tables who do not end in "_HV".

The user "blast" does have select privileges to these which is why it worked before the
switch over, but this user does not have update privileges. Currently I set the user
back to "blast".

I hope this addresses what you were talking about.

Adam