[BLAST_ANAWARE] wire chamber problems

From: Aaron Joseph Maschinot (ajmasch@MIT.EDU)
Date: Sun Jun 22 2003 - 05:56:04 EDT

as of the evening shift on saturday, the wire chambers are tripping too
much to be of any use. there are about 10 boxes that trip fairly
constantly (even at lower voltages (e.g. 3800V or 3700V)). data runs
starting with the sunday morning shift thus do not have any wire chambers
in them.

at the beginning of this shift, we switched the isobutane bottle. it read
about 98lbs. the isobutane is in liquid form; an empty bottle is (i
think) about 90 - 95lbs. this along with the fact that we were still able
to produce the 70:30 He:Isobutane mixture ratio makes me think that we
weren't quite out of isobutane. thus, i don't think that this is what
was causing numerous boxes to trip. (besides, i think that a large
amount of tripping boxes would be more indicative of being out of the
quenching gas (i.e. the helium) than the isobutane; i'm fairly sure that
the helium cradle is not empty, and ernie and vitaliy agreed.)

aaron