Re: [BLAST_SHIFTS] WC tripping

From: vitaliy ziskin (vziskin@mit.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 22 2003 - 14:38:38 EDT

As a singer, Robert Plant once said:
"...Communication break down, it's always the same. Communication break
down, drives me insane...".
We waisted so much time on wire chambers this weekend. To answer your
question Doug, most boxes held 3900 hundred but many couldn't stand the
heat and quickly left the kitchen.

                      Cheers, Vitaliy

Adrian T Sindile wrote:

>>I checked the settings and the problem is most likely due to the run voltage
>>in the new database being set to 3900 V. I changed it to 3800 V so a reboot
>>should fix it.
>>

>Well, nobody told me it should be 3800 V (not 3900 V)... This "new"
>database has been sitting there for a month, so except for the changes
>Adam asked for two days ago, that's what we have (I hope other people have
>been updating voltages for their systems too, if they needed tweaking -
>I am thinking mostly of Cerenkovs).
>It's great Adam tracked this down.
>
>Adrian
>

>>Cheers,
>>Adam
>>

>>Douglas Hasell wrote:
>>

>>>Why are the WC's tripping? Are the BQM rates normal? The correct
>>>operating mode is that the WC's are ramped down to 2000 V during injection
>>>and then normal operating voltages for running. If a box trips during
>>>running try lowering the operating voltage 100 V for a few fills and then
>>>gradually (25 V steps) raise it again so long as it holds. All last week
>>>this worked and most of the time all boxes worked and trips were very
>>>infrequent.
>>>
>>>Are the WC STBY settings 2000 V ?
>>>
>>>Since we have changed the HV GUI to use the physics database this may not
>>>have been updated. Adrian ?
>>>
>>>To check the WC STBY voltages when not taking data:
>>> 1 - click STBY on the main HV GUI window
>>> 2 - wait for the restore in progress to finish
>>> 3 - click on the WC L button
>>> 4 - you should get a new window with MV DV and CE for each WC box
>>> 5 - click on DISPLAY button to request current reading
>>> 6 - MV and DV should be 2000 V
>>> 7 - if it is not click on SET
>>> 8 - new window should appear allowing you to set DV, TC, RUP, etc.
>>> 9 - click on DV to allow demand voltages to be set
>>> 10 - change all values to 2000 V (NOTE the cursor has to stay in
>>>the little box as you change the value and you have to hit return each time
>>>for the change to take affect - sorry it is EPICS)
>>> 11 - after changing all the values click SET
>>> 12 - close the setting window