[BLAST_SHIFTS] A Shift Summary, 6.24.3

From: Jason Seely (seely@MIT.EDU)
Date: Tue Jun 24 2003 - 08:06:42 EDT

E. Geis, J. Seely

No beam during this shift.
CCR had problems with klystron 5 (it kept 'gassing up'), then around
3:30 am they discovered a water leak in the ring and worked the rest of
the shift on recovering from that. We worked on our pet projects while
we waited.

While CCR was repairing the leak we noticed that the compression tube
pressure rose by about a factor of 3,
and target holding field changed. The other pressures (ligit, etc.) and
the nozzle and cell temps stayed at
their nominal values, and everything else seemed well behaved (spin
state kept changing, etc.) Around the
time CCR started to search the south hall ring, the compression tube
pressure came
back to its nominal value. notes and numbers are in the logbook
(p109-110).

many thanks to the genius who put the radio in the counting bay.

EG, JS

jason seely
26.650.b
massachusetts institute of technology