[BLAST_ANAWARE] static linkage of nsed and lrn

From: zhangchi (zhangchi@general.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 29 2003 - 22:16:15 EDT

Hi, Tancredi

Since a certain time, staticly linking lrn and nsed became impossible and
after two hours I could not figure out why. It was once not a problem and
I do it all the time. I suspect it happened when we upgraded to a certain
version of Root.

however, to have a lrn/nsed that would work from any directory. It dose
not require static linkage. do the configure with --prefix

./configure --prefix=`pwd`

then the linking to libBlast.so will follow absolute path. This can easily
be confirmed by:

ldd lrn
> libBlast.so => /home/blast/blast/cvs_v3/BlastLib2/libBlast.so (0x40013000)

this way, you can copy lrn to any place, it will find libBlast.so in the
path shown.