Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] flrn chain

From: Tancredi Botto (tancredi@mitlns.mit.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 18:51:12 EDT

> Hey folks-
>
> Will flrn.C chain runs together in an ntuple the way ntuple.C did?

not it won't. But I think you want to use lrn! flrn does nothing to tdc
offsets, since it does no crunching, only filtering. So I think you are
in danger of overriding lr-### files.
flr files can be regenerated quickly but not the lr's.

> As an alternative I guess I could just have the new ntuples written to my
> directory - can someone tell me what needs to be modified to do this (just
> my copies of flrn.C and init.C?)

yes please. Change the ANALDIR to point to a directory other than
/net/data/4/Analysis/pro2003. For instance, as blast

mkdir root_ntuples/test_calibfile (root_ntuples is just a link to /net/data/4....)

setenv /net/data/4/Analysis/pro2003/test_calibfile

If you go to one of the pro2003/analysis/CRUNCH subdirs you can see
examples. The trick there was to "source resource" to adjust your
environment. Make sure you use the same lrn as CRUNCH/v3. It is faster.

Of course save a copy of file lrn-NNN before test-crunching run NNN
Let me know if you need more help and/or need to set it up from here.