Re: [BLAST_ANAWARE] pretty pictures

From: zhangchi (zhangchi@general.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 19:37:21 EDT

Hi, John,

Thank you for your kind guidance. For ed-elastic case, so far I must
always use coplainarity and TOF cuts together. even with this combined
cut, I still have scattered events that fall far away from the theta_e vs.
theta_d locus.

Single coplainarity cut surely would not exclude e-p events from the break
up channel which has 20 times the cross section. single tof cut will
include quite a bit "junk".

Sorry for my poor English, but I could not understand what you mean by
"TOF spectra cut on coplanarity on the top half and coplanarity cut on
TOF on the bottom half of a single page". what is the difference between
"TOF spectra cut on coplanarity" and "coplanarity cut on TOF" though?

Tancredi announced a full day analysis meeting on Friday. I wonder if
arrangement could be made that the results you are looking for would
overlap with the ones Tancredi is. They seem to overlap entirely already,
some coordination, even in the format of presentations would save us
students a lot of back and forth.

Chi

P.S. I learned toward the end of last week, most of the runs prior to July
4th were done upon unploarized target. So do not think I have enough
statistics to get any asymmetry, not to mention a point at high Q
squared.