[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary 07/06/2003 Swing

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 07 2003 - 00:02:27 EDT

Operators: egeis degrush

Continued to take ABS deuterium (60sccm) data.

S/N for Wire Chambers was pretty poor (3;2 for inner superlayer)although when there were tracks they were relatively clean.
Lifetimes were low ~8 min at 90 mA and rates were high 420 hz at 95 mA
also Ligit is pretty high right now 1.7 E-7 and seems to be slowly increasing with time.

Coda died once during data taking and flroc2 had to be rebooted remotely.

Compton died a couple of times as well.

There were no problems with the HV control during the shift although I am sure this will change the moment I walk out the door, but Vitaliy's fan seems to have helped.

Spent second half of shift trying to improve S/N:
   - Turned everything off for 1 hour to give WC's a rest
   - CCR first attempt at improvement was to readjust the slits, thinking that maybe it was cutting into the beam slightly. This did not improve things dramatically
     --Finally they resteered the beam and readjusted the slits to this. This appeared to noticeably improve liftetime up to 14.5 minutes at 90 mA and improve signal to noise for wire chambers (2:1 inner superlayer, 4:1 for outter-most). We kept the new settings and went back to data taking.

The run list has been updated and the runs have been crunched.

Summary of Good Runs:
1303,1304,1308,1309