[BLAST_SHIFTS] Shift summary

From: Electronic Log Book (elog@blast05.lns.mit.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 13 2003 - 17:13:21 EDT

Operators: ajmasch milner milner

This shift was dedicated to taking runs consisting entirely of either tensor +1 or tensor -1 polarized deuterium. Additionally, each run had the half-wave-plate either in or out for the entire run.

Overall, things ran smoothly and much data was taken. Our "good" runs are:

number tensor 1/2 wave plate #events
----------- --------- ------------------- -----------
   1366 -1 in 118k
   1367 -1 in 250k
   1368 +1 out 250k
   1370 -1 out 250k
   1371 -1 out 250k
   1372 +1 out 250k
   1373 +1 out 250k
   1374 -1 out 250k
   1375 -1 out 250k
   1376 -1 out 250k
   1377 +1 in 40k
   1378 +1 in 250k

The left fastbus (blrocf2) stopped responding once, and we had to go to the DTunnel to reboot it.

The WC's were very well behaved all night.

The ABS target cell has something wrong with it which causes the cell temperature to rise. As such, we had to constantly turn the heater on and off all shift in order to keep the temperature around 100K.

That's it.

Aaron and Richard